Monday, February 1, 2010

Another Manic Monday

Oscar is pretty cuddly.
Cuddling with Frankie.

"Is he going to destroy all of my toys?"



Who me? I love this picture.


Sharing. It's amazing.




Tried to get some "before" pictures of the skinny guy.






He hoards the toys, often bringing them on to my lap and falling asleep on them!
So, the details:
heartworm NEGATIVE! :)
Neuter stitches - INFECTED. :(
We have to clean it with this blue stuff twice a day. No pills, though, so that's good.
They suggested we roll a thick hand towel around his neck and duct tape it to prevent him licking his incision. I don't see that working, but we'll give it a try.
Purchased some doggie diapers today, which was a new low for me. Haven't put them on him, yet. Hopefully the towel thing will work. So far, we've spent around $50 in dog cones! lol. I'm telling you, he can get past them all!
Thanks for all of your well wishes and prayers for Oscar. So far, so good! :)

7 comments:

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

Oscar is soooo cute. Yes, he needs to gain a bit of weight, butt trust me it could be worse. Doesn't your VET "exchange" the coneS of shame??? Mine does. They give paitients the option of New or gently used for a much lower cost.
The sharing of food and toys is a wonderful POSITIVE sign.
You are doing a grrrreat thing. I'm just sayin'.
Sorry you didn't know about Mango and his... Westminster spoof contest(s). It has been a hooot. I guess that was going on while you were away from blogging for a while. Next year you will have to put all three dogs in it. Toooooo fun.

Lorenza said...

No heartworm! Hurray!
I've heard about those "neck-donuts". I hope it works for Oscar!
It is great to see he is playing and sharing with Frankie!
Take care
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Unknown said...

Oh, no! Baby bro did it. He infected his sutures. I'm sorry... Darn them useless evil cones! So still Charlie today or did anybody change their mind? BOL
Twink!

♥Mona + Prissy + Angel Weenie♥ said...

Hurray!1 Heartworn negative. Mommey is so happty to hear that.

Frankie Mae and Oscar look so cute with their heads together. Would it be ok use that picture on my bloggie?

He could use a few pounds. Jacks never did gain weight. The posted he ever weighted was 8 pounds but he is also very long like Oscar.

{{{huggies}}}...Mona

kalyxcorn said...

yay no heartworm! hurry up n get better so everyone can play!!! :)

hugs,
b

Ruby and Penny said...

Hi Frankie & Oscar
We're so happy Oscar's HW test was negative. Hope his stich line heals quickly.
We would love to join your doxie cuddle pile.
Love Ruby & Penny

Selba said...

Hi Frankie and Oscar,

We are glad to hear there's no heartworm.

All the pics of both of you look so cute.

Licks,
Adele, Vincent & Bella